One of the most common reasons why people seek the assistance of a healthcare professional is pain. The exact cause of this pain can vary, and the treatment options can change depending on the condition being treated. For example, knee pain can lead to some significant quality of life issues. Individuals who develop knee pain often have a difficult time running, taking the stairs, or even walking to the end of the driveway to check the mail.
A chiropractor can provide individuals with effective treatment options, but the treatment plan can vary depending on the condition being treated. What are a few of the reasons why you should consider seeing a local chiropractor if you have knee pain? Keep reading to learn more.
A Chiropractor Can Treat a Variety of Conditions
One of the first reasons why you should see a chiropractor for help with knee pain is that he or she can address a variety of possible conditions. A few examples of knee pain causes that a chiropractor can treat include:
- Arthritis: Arthritis develops when the cartilage between two bony surfaces, such as those in the knee, degrade. When this happens, the bones rub against each other, leading to discomfort. A chiropractor can treat both osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis using chiropractic adjustments and therapies.
- Meniscus Injuries: The meniscus is a thin layer of tissue between the bones of the knee. If you have a meniscus injury, a chiropractor may be able to treat the issue without relying on surgery. Diagnostic tests like MRIs, CTs and X-rays will be able to confirm this as well as certain orthopedic tests.
- Tendonitis: You might also have patellar tendonitis, which is a repetitive overuse and inflammation. The pain is usually located directly over the kneecap and shinbone.
There are plenty of conditions that a chiropractor can treat, and there are several techniques that could be involved.
How a Chiropractor Treats Knee Pain
A chiropractor will always tailor your treatment plan to meet the exact cause of knee pain. The chiropractor will start with a complete history and physical exam to identify the underlying cause of your knee pain. Then, a chiropractor may use adjustments to make sure the bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons of the knee are properly aligned. You may also have physical therapy recommended to you, as it can strengthen some of the muscles around the knee and provide additional support for an injured body part. There are even situations where a chiropractor may recommend massage therapy or acupuncture.
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain
There are plenty of reasons why chiropractic care can be beneficial for knee pain. They include:
- A chiropractor tries to get to the root cause of your injury to prevent the symptoms from coming back.
- Most chiropractic treatment methods attempt to limit possible complications and side effects.
- A chiropractor will also prioritize keeping someone healthy, which can reduce the chances of an injury returning down the road.
- There are even situations where a chiropractor may be able to help someone avoid surgery.
For all of these reasons, you should consider visiting a chiropractor if you have knee pain.
See a Local Chiropractor for Help With Knee Pain
In the end, these are just a few of the many reasons why you should consider working with a local chiropractor if you have knee pain. Knee pain can make it difficult for you to participate in the activities that you enjoy, and it can lead to other chronic medical conditions as well. Therefore, if you have knee pain, it is better to reach out to a chiropractor sooner rather than later. A chiropractor may be able to help you address knee pain while also limiting possible complications and side effects.
If you suffer from knee pain but don’t have a local chiropractor, give us a call. Our Doctor of Chiropractic is here to help you get out of pain but, more importantly, put you on a path of true wellness. So give us a call. We’re here to help!
This article is copyrighted by Blogging Chiropractors for its Doctor of Chiropractic members and may not be copied or duplicated in any manner including printed or electronic media, regardless of whether for a fee or gratis without the prior written permission of Blogging Chiropractors.
For More Information
We would be happy to answer any questions you have about this article, general spinal health or your specific situation. To discuss your symptoms and concerns call (210) 922-0942.
NEED TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT?
Then call Dr. Rick Barrows at (210) 922-0942 today!
1611 Commercial Avenue
San Antonio, Texas 78221
How We Are Different
Dr. Barrows is a unique San Antonio chiropractor who specializes in difficult cases that have not responded to other care. All treatment plans are highly individualized based on your specific history, needs and goals.
Areas We Serve
We are located in San Antonio and serve the communities that reside in zip codes 78214, 78223, 78224, 78221, and 78264. However, we see patients from a large radius around Bexar County, Atascosa County, and Medina County because of the unique, customized treatment options we offer.